This is my favourite way to eat chicken. Drumsticks are so delicious and I love that they are high in fat too so that they keep me full for a long time, plus since they are not as popular as the breast, they are more affordable 🙂 .
Any fat can be used for this recipe but I love tallow in particular. Chicken and tallow are amazing together. And there is turmeric in it too, a spice that is so good for health. Usually when I make this recipe I make enough for a few days. It keeps very well in the fridge and even cold they taste amazing.
I start by heating up the oven to 350 F. In a baking dish place tallow, turmeric, black pepper and salt and place it in the oven until the tallow melts. This usually takes about two minutes. Take it out of the oven, mix it well, add the chicken drumsticks and cover them in the tallow mixture. Cover with foil and bake for about 3 hours or until ready. About 35 minutes before it’s ready I remove the foil so that the top of the chicken becomes a little brown. That’s it!
It’s wonderful with some steamed veggies on the side, cauliflower rice or if you eat rice it goes very well with it too.
Do you like chicken? What’s your favourite way of eating it?
Thanks for visiting,
- 4-5 chicken drumsticks
- 1-2 tbsp tallow
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- A good sprinkle of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Place all the ingredients in a baking dish except for the chicken.
- Place in the oven for a few minutes until the tallow melts. Remove from the oven.
- Incorporate the ingredients and place the chicken in the dish covering it in the tallow mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 3 hours or until ready.
- About 35 minutes before ready, remove the foil so that the chicken becomes a bit brown on the top.