Pannacota is simply my favourite dessert in the whole world, it’s creamy, it goes well with many toppings, it’s extremely easy to make, it doesn’t really require any sweetener (in the old days, pannacota was made without any sugar) and the best part is that this version I’m about to make is actually really healthy.
Of course, if you buy already made pannacota you will end up getting a lot of ingredients that shouldn’t be there, plus a lot of sugar. It really doesn’t make sense to buy pannacota when it’s so ridiculously easy to make at home and it tastes so much better anyway.
Traditionally it’s made with full fat cream which I love, but this version is made with coconut milk which is absolutely delicious but it also happens to be really nutritious and healthy. Great for those who don’t want any dairy on their diets.
All you need really is a can of coconut milk, gelatin and vanilla extract, those are ingredients I keep in my house at all times. As you can see, they are all good, coconut milk with its healthy fat, gelatin being great for collagen, joints and skin clarity among many other things and vanilla which makes everything taste better and nowadays it’s really easy to find pure vanilla extract without any artificial ingredients.
I really love this recipe and find that is great with some berries, but you can drizzle some honey on it too, some dark chocolate sauce or any fruit of your choice, it really goes with everything.
Well, that’s it! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and if you try it at home, I would love to know what you thought of it.
Thanks for visiting,
- 1 can coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Honey (optional but I don’t think it’s necessary)
- Dissolve the gelatin in the coconut milk, place on the stove on very low heat and keep stirring until the gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Once it’s dissolved, add the vanilla extract and the honey, incorporate well.
- Place in moulds of your choice and refrigerate until completely set, this should take at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!