These paleo muffins made with coconut flour are so delicious. They are easy and fast to make, have great texture and flavour, and most of all, they don’t make me all bloated like a regular flour muffin would.
I love having one in the afternoon with some tea but they are also great with breakfast. I usually don’t bother with frosting, I find them delicious with some ghee on the top. Simple and healthy. These muffins don’t require much honey if any at all because they have fresh pieces of apple which cook and become very sweet.
They also have some salted chopped walnuts which gives them a nice crunch. The more apple pieces you add the more moist they become. So, I guess it depends on what you like. The apple pieces are not necessary though, you can just leave them out completely if that is what you prefer.
To make them, start by mixing the flour, spices, salt and baking soda in a large bowl, then add the wet ingredients, incorporate well and lastly add the chopped walnuts and the chopped apple. Mix the ingredients and place them in muffin cups. At this point I like placing a thin slice of fresh apple on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 375F. They become more firm after they have cooled down and also keep very well in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe and if you make it let me know what you did about the apple bits 🙂 .
Thanks for visiting,
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 apple cored and chopped plus some thin slices for the top
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients except for the walnuts and apple pieces.
- Add the eggs, apple sauce and butter and incorporate gently until it looks like a smooth batter.
- Add the walnuts and apple pieces.
- Place into muffin cups and fill each cup to the top. They won't rise as much as wheat flour muffins.
- Place a thin slice of apple on the top and also a walnut.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!